Saturday, January 27, 2007

Welcome, Indiana Computer Educators!

This past Friday, I attended the Indiana Computer Educators' conference in downtown Indy. It was my first time at the conference and I was impressed. Things seemed very well organized. I hadn't been to the Convention Center since the Star Wars Celebrations II and III, and so it was strange walking down the halls and not seeing Jedi Knights and StormTroopers anywhere. I still kept expecting to turn a corner and bump into Darth Vader, but it never happened.

There was a nice, large exhibitor's area, with representatives from many companies and lots of goodies to pick up. I won't need a new pen for the rest of the year, for sure. My presentation on podcasting was during the first session of the day, and in one of the Wabash Rooms, which is the biggest, I believe. Had a good turnout, maybe 80% of the seats were full. A lively, interested audience of K-12 teachers. Most had listened to podcasts, maybe a third had created them, but only a couple had used them in their teaching. I provided guidance in all three of these areas. It was a shame we only had 45 minutes, because I would have been happy to keep going on and giving more examples of cool uses of podcasting in the K-12 arena.

As promised, the Powerpoint from the session will be posted here on the blog. But not tonight! I'm still in Indy and using a friend's computer now. But on Monday, when I get back to the office, I'll post it.

If you're in Indiana, and you think your school might want a similar presentation, let me know and maybe we can work something out.

During the presentation, I mentioned the International Student Media Festival. I encourage you to have your students submit work! This year will be the first for the new podcasting category. Check it out at http://www.ismf.net. There isn't any podcast-specific info there yet, though. Doesn't mean you can't start a project though.

2 comments:

梁爵 said...

2019.10.16台北市酒店上班八大行業即時新聞稿表示,依酒店工作的酒店小姐現場保護規則第3條第2項規定,酒店現場總人數在120位以上部分人員是學生身份,應設置從大學生不影響課業酒店兼差人員辦理達成5小時工時服務,提早下班可順利完成隔天白天學校課程,另外針對上班族酒店兼職保護規則明定,依照勞基法工時健康著想不讓酒店小姐因酒店打工過勞影響未來健康,知名酒店經紀梁小尊/梁曉尊應依不同年齡、族群、學生、單親、上班族等逐步設置從事酒店小姐健康服務護理人員,並辦理臨場健康服務單位。

梁爵 said...

2020.02.01國際知名酒店經紀公司近期正在尋找酒店工作,或有意在公家機關內上班的人請注意,台北市八大行業酒店上班人力需求,近期有77個機關釋出170個約聘僱酒店打工人員職缺。但因各酒店兼差需求人力職務、業務不同,因此薪資落差不小。例如酒店經紀釋出的聘用高級研究員職缺,其月薪依學經歷,最高可達新台幣70000元,但台北市制服店、便服店、禮服店、鋼琴酒吧、日式酒店、飯局、傳播等服務員職缺,月薪僅給70000元。八大行業約聘僱人員招募自即日起~酒店兼職2月7日(週五)止受理報名,預計2月15日(週六)、2月16日(週日)舉辦甄試。